Waste Management Methodology
MT Waste Management deliver proven cost and environmental benefits by working with our clients to provide a bespoke solution that rationalises and increases the level of recycling.
We also deliver improved waste services that are constantly being monitored, benchmarked and improved using ISO 14001 procedures that are independently audited at regular intervals.
The first step to enable MT Waste Management to provide a suitable bespoke waste management solution is to conduct a waste audit. During waste audits we complete a number of stages to enable us to gain a good understanding of a clients business as follows:
- Current types of waste
- Current volumes of waste
- Internal procedures for waste segregation and handling of waste
- Equipment and container utilisation
- Current service levels and service scheduling
- Tonnages to landfill
- Volume of recycling
- Overall current waste management costs
From the initial waste audit findings, we will examine where cost savings can be made by:
- Increasing the volume of recycling
- Reduce the amount of waste going to landfill
- Streamline internal procedures and simplify waste segregation and handling of waste
- Improve current service levels
- Reduce the volume of transport (CO2 footprint) relating to collections
- Reduce the overall cost for the managing, recycling and disposing of waste
Our extensive knowledge of the supply side of the Waste Industry enables us to design a bespoke solution for our clients that will provide reduced cost, improved efficiency and increased recycling.
Once implemented MT Waste Management continues to work with our client to examine areas of improvement, this includes but is not limited to:
- Site audits
- Review procedures
- Maximise revenue from recyclants
- Consider other wastes for reuse or recycling
- On-going encouragement and training
MT Waste Management will provide waste management information, which will form a benchmark for improvement.
January 1st, 2015 marked the start of a new era for Seattle, Washington in the US as they became the latest US city to ban food to landfill.